You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Do Cryptocurrency Speculators Fear Utility?

in #discussion7 years ago

Hello again. ICO investing and longer-term investing are two different styles. I suspect crypto needs both.

In this space, I'm a longer-term investor. In the US options market, I'm in positions around a few days to a few weeks.

The key to getting good higher frequency trading is to be in very liquid markets.

If you want a real sense of scale, look at how much years in Forex currencies compared to all crypto combined. That will dwarf the scale of actual crypto to actual fiat.

I agree with whoever said the ICO crowd doesn't want 20%. However, that is about what I'm making on regular options trading.

Sort:  

I never made any money trading options. The market was bigger than me. The golden boys would always move the price at expiry to the best one for them, meaning worst one for me.

I understand that feeling about the market movers. I now trade with the statistics on my side.

I rarely stay in until expiration. I trade to a specific target profit and have a limit exit. Otherwise, within a week of expiration, I'll roll or occasionally take a loss.

If you want to learn you could follow my HIT (How I Trade) posts and/or learn from tastytrade.

Thanks for your link to options training posts. I note that you don't trade to expiry date (VERY WISE). I'm not sure I have the patience for something that can't be held for the long term. I try to make as few investment decisions as possible.

@lukestokes, not only have I resteemed, but I also just put a couple of reference links to this post in the root post I just made. I'm not sure how the proper etiquette is for that. Thanks for this root post. Maybe it'll drive more here too.

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.20
TRX 0.14
JST 0.030
BTC 69264.29
ETH 3316.64
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.66