You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Parenting - TEACH THEM MONEY!!!

in #discussion7 years ago (edited)

I think you should go one step further and start them on code and math as a language from an early age. Understanding mathematics as it relates to every aspect of existance rather than limiting the focus to just the currency aspect. Teaching them the real world aspect and value of currency is essential of course, your post is on point. All im getting at is that children can absorb much more than we give credit, if we had them preemptively prepared for life with math as their fundamental roots and language then they could be countless times more proficient as an adult in many faucets of life. Upvoted great post. Much love!

Sort:  

Cool idea. I will see if there are some interesting easy things she can learn for a start..

I actually have done a little digging and a toy im really interested in getting is called the cubetto, its a wood toy that teaches kids to code. Also i know a great ted talks for perspective on how to view an infants brain, ive taken some of her theories and adjusted them for my own parenting style but her talk about the word gap is very troubling. Ill reply link to the ted talk youtube video if youre okay with that

Sure, why not, let me see it.
By the way my kid is 9, so if you have any material close to that age it would be great if you could share.

Maybe something like the sphero sprk+ ? Its a pretty awesome looking little device.

Thank you, definitely a great idea to take in consideration.

Not really relevant for a 9 year old either but it still paints a good picture for any parent to consider.